X Games Enduro X: Gallery and Report
Endurocross closed the 2012 X Games
X Games Moto X Enduro X
By Jana Bond, Photos, Scott Hoffman
Returning for the 2nd time, Enduro X once again featured both Men’s and Women’s classes to amaze the audience. For the fellas, the field of 30 was dwindled down to 10 players through 3 heats and an LCQ. The women, who had qualified earlier during the day, appeared at the night show for their final.
The Enduro X at the games is a lot of fun to watch. There is so much going on down on the track that you are never bored. Logs, and tires, and rocks, oh my! The favorite sections were the fire pit of kindling and the rock wall. Many a rider died slow deaths in these obstacles. In heat 1 Taddy Blazusiak and Mike Brown (the oldest rider of the bunch at 40) advanced. In heat 2 Colton Haaker got the holeshot but quickly dropped back and Cody Webb and Geoff Aaron came out on top. In heat 3 one of the younger contenders, Steward Baylor, took the holeshot but fell behind and Taylor Robert and Kyle Redmond advanced to the final. In the first LCQ Kevin Rookstool and Destry Abbott bested the bunch and were awarded places in the final. And the last LCQ saw Cory Graffunder and Graham Jarvis excel.
The final was a 10-lap lashing. Old man Brown got the holeshot and kept the lead. Last year’s Gold winner, Taddy Blazusiak, got a rough start and went down in the fire pit and got dangerously close to being in last place but quickly worked his way back up from behind. However, time ran out and he missed out on a medal by one position. On the last lap Mike Brown went down but the Geritol kicked in and he recovered before any damage was done and he finished in time to claim the Gold. Silver went to Cody Webb and Bronze to Cory Graffunder.
The Ladies of the Night
The ladies came out swinging and then when the fire pit was happened upon, it reached up and grabbed a whole gaggle of gals. It was the place to go to pick up chicks. At one point there were nearly 5 riders being attacked by it. But they made their way through. Tarah Gieger had 2nd place for a bit but went down in the rock pit and then later went down again in the fire pit and remained stuck there for a while. She finished 6th which just goes to show how quickly this race can change. Last year’s Golden girl Maria Forsberg steadily kept her pace and midway through the race took over the lead. Silver was awarded to Louise Forsley and Bronze to Chantelle Bykerk.
1. Mike Brown 311 Bluff City, Tenn.
2. Cody Webb 5 Santa Cruz, Calif.
3. Cory Graffunder 115 Vavenby, B.C.
4. Taddy Blazusiak 111 Krakow, Poland
5. Taylor Robert 33 Scottsdale, Ariz.
6. Graham Jarvis 79 Ripon, Great Britain
7. Destry Abbott 8 Phoenix, Ariz.
8. Geoff Aaron 4 Bailey, Colo.
9. Kyle Redmond 7 Lake Hughes, Calif.
10. Kevin Rookstool 11 Medford, Oreg.
1. Maria Forsberg 411 Seattle, Wash.
2. Louise Forsley 77 Bernardston, Mass.
3. Chantelle Bykerk 68 Salmon Arm, Canada
4. Lexi Pechout 151 Calgary, Canada
5. Kacy Martinez 196 Sunol, Calif.
6. Rachel Gutish 201 Terre Haute, Ind.
7. Tarah Gieger 3 Aguadilla, Peru
8. Steffi Laier 110 Dielheim, Germany
9. Nicole Bradford 1008 Vail, Colo.
10. Nicole Madsen 174 Taft, Calif.
Add a Comment
By submitting a comment you grant Motocross.com a perpetual license to reproduce your
words, name and web site in attribution.
Comments may be removed at an administrators discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only and will never be shared.