Results/News: Indy Supercross
Another crazy night - Stewart out for the night
Results: Indy Supercross
-Wow, James Stewart and Kevin WIndham both down in the heat. Stewart conked his head and will sit out for the night
-Now the championship is really all Ryan Villopoto’s
-Windham wins LCQ
-Lites main gets red flagged when Kyle Cunningham goes down, only 4-5 laps were completed
-They lined up the race in a single file line in the order the racers were in position at the red flag
-Because of the AMA rule book, if the race goes past 4 laps the race is started in a single file line, first time I have ever seen this
-Roczen crashes on his own at the restart with a commanding lead in the first race and the restart
From the official AMA rulebook:
b. The race is stopped (with more than three laps and less than 90% of the total distance completed by the race leader,
rounded down to the nearest whole number of laps / whether it be a Heat, Last Chance Qualifier or Main Event)
1. A red flag will be displayed to the riders.
2. The riders will return to the starting area and a re-start will take place as soon as possible.
a. A minimum of 10 Minutes from the time that the red flag is displayed will be given to make repairs or adjustments.
b. Repairs or adjustments may only be made in the starting area.
3. The starting order will be determined by each rider’s race position at the end of the lap preceding the stopping of the
4. Riders will be restarted from a staggered standing start in the starting area.
a. Riders will be lined up in a staggered formation beginning on the starting straight at a start line located by the first
turn, starting with the rider that was in the first position and continuing back towards the starting area.
b. Riders not ready to take their position in line will be placed last.
c. Once all riders are in position, the starter will display a green flag to signal the start.
d. Any movement of the motorcycle before the display of the green flag will be considered a jumped start. Any rider
deemed to have jumped the start will be penalized a minimum of two positions in the final results.
e. Eligible riders who are unable to participate in the re-start due to a stalled motorcycle or continued repairs may join
the race from the starting area at anytime during the race.
-Mike Alessi pulled out to an early lead – then got passed – first by Honda’s Justin Brayton and finished 13th
-Josh Grant made his return to racing, made the main, and rode a little timid behind the main lead pack of riders
-Villopoto was all over Brayton by lap 15 before taking the lead
-Windham ran as high as 4th and then crashed because of a tuff block that was knocked onto the track
-Villopoto logged in the fastest lap of the night at 52:356
Supercross Class Results: Indianapolis
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
2. Justin Brayton, Murrieta, Calif., Honda
3. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha
4. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki
5. Cole Seeley, Murrieta, Calif., Honda
6. Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., Suzuki
7. Marvin Musquin, Murrieta, Calif., KTM
8. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki
9. Weston Peick, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki
10. Nico Izzi, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha
Supercross Class Season Standings
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki – 246
2. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM – 192
3. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha – 177
4. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha – 151
5. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda – 146
6. Justin Brayton, Murrieta, Calif., Honda – 143
7. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki – 142
8. Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki – 134
9. Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Honda – 128
10. Mike Alessi, Hilliard, Calif., Suzuki – 128
Eastern Regional Supercross Lites Class Results: Indianapolis
Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Suzuki
Darryn Durham, Butler, Pa., Kawasaki
Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda
Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Kawasaki
Jake Canada, Sun City, Calif., Honda
Justin Bogle, Cushing, Okla., Honda
Matthew Lemoine, Collinsville, Texas, Kawasaki
Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ken., Kawasaki
Les Smith, York, SC., KTM
Shawn Rife, Mechanicsburg, Ohio., Honda
Eastern Regional Supercross Lites Class Season Standings
Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda – 120
Darryn Dunham, Butler, Pa., Kawasaki – 98
Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Suzuki – 97
Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Kawasaki – 80
Ken Roczen, Murrieta, Ga., KTM – 80
Jake Canada, Sun City, Calif., Suzuki – 72
Justin Bogle, Cushing, Okla., Honda – 61
Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha – 43
Malcolm Stewart, Haines City, Fla., KTM – 42
PJ Larsen, Murrieta, Calif., KTM – 38
Add a Comment
By submitting a comment you grant Motocross.com a perpetual license to reproduce your
words, name and web site in attribution.
Comments may be removed at an administrators discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only and will never be shared.